Monday, March 21, 2011

Dreams as guides to our emotions.


I have had a few dreams lately where I dream that my husband is having an affair, and I wake up hurt and angry with him. It takes me a while to "shake off" the dream and get back to reality, but sometimes it will linger and I will distance myself from him, usually for an hour or too. Dreams can be powerful in how they affect us! I do notice that when I have these types of dreams (affair) I am feeling a little more insecure about our relationship during that time, and I think my dreams magnify these feelings I am having. As I reflect on the emotions in the dreams, I am able to connect that I have not been feeling as close to my husband lately and we haven't been spending much one on one time together.

Sometimes I will have dreams about my sisters and being left out in the dream where I feel so angry when I wake up! That usually represents some emotions I am having that I am not acknowledging to myself during my wake time that I am feeling left out, but the emotions in the dream are much stronger than how I really feel, in order to get my attention and take care of the feelings I am avoiding. Our dreams won't let us fool ourselves!

Listening to the emotions behind your dreams can help you address internal conflicts before they become too big. In this way, dreams can be our guide. Look at the emotions in your dreams, see where they come from, ask yourself what are you hiding from yourself? What situation may be bothering you more than you have let on to? What a great resource we all have, just waiting to help us become more aware!

No comments:

Post a Comment